Home companions help seniors and those with disabilities in their homes with regular household tasks while providing companionship to the patient and respite for family. Companion Care Agencies can provide companionship, personal shopping, light housekeeping, meal preparation, transportation, errand running, etc.
Find Companion Care Near You!
Companion Care Is For You If …
You need someone to run to the store, throw together some meals or just hang out and talk. Aging in place doesn’t have to mean being overworked or bored!
Companion Care Checklist Of Things To Consider
- Do staff members seem like people you would get along with? If they’re going to be coming over to hang out, you should definitely like them!
- How experienced is the staff? This might not be an area where you want a rookie.
- Are they qualified? Different states have different requirements, so make sure they’re up to par.
- Read The Ten Biggest Mistakes To Avoid When Hiring a Home Health Caregiver
- Read Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Home Caregiver
Cost Of Companion Care
Home Care agencies collect based on an hourly rate. Some Home Care agencies require a minimum amount of weekly or monthly hours for new accounts.
According to the 2014 Cost of Care Survey by Genworth Financial, the following are the average costs of Companion Care Services around the US:
Median Companion Home Care Costs: (Daily)
|North Carolina (State)||$107|